Loading...

Friday, October 29, 2010

I-Octane Scheduled For Three-City UK Tour


Fast-rising cultural act, I-Octane leaves the island this week for a three-city tour of the United Kingdom, which will see the artiste in performance in Birmingham, London and Bristol.

While this is not the artiste’s maiden voyage to the UK, this is the first time since his widely acclaimed recognition as reggae’s newest standard bearer that I-Octane will entertain fans in that country. With a steadily building catalogue rich with conscious, thought-provoking songs, the singer is ready to thrill his European fans who have been playing songs such as my Life, Lose A Friend and Puff It.

“As always, it is an honour and a pleasure to represent Jamaica overseas and to hold up the flag high. Other great reggae artistes have paved the way for me and I accept the baton with humility,” I-Octane said.

“I feel sad to know that reggae icon Gregory Isaacs, who I have a lot of respect for passed away in England just this week and I send my condolences to his family and join with his fans worldwide in mourning the loss,” he concluded.

According to I-Octane, Gregory Isaacs will be uppermost in his thoughts as he prepares for these shows and he intends to dedicate a song to Gregory during his performances. I-Octane’s single Lose A Friend has, since Monday, been given numerous spins in tribute to Gregory Isaacs.

Meanwhile, the artiste has expressed pleasure at the impact his singles have been making around the globe. The song My Life is currently number one on the Shanty Vibes Radio Chart in the Virgin Islands, and Lose A Friend also peaked at pole position on the same chart. Both songs have also featured on all charts locally and also in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.

I-Octane is scheduled to perform at Indulgence in Birmingham on October 29, at Sutherland House in London the following night and he closes his three-day performance on October 31 at Blue Mountain in Bristol.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment