Loading...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rising Stars Winner Changes Stage Name To Shuga


2009 Digicel Rising Stars winner Mitzy Campbell aka Brown Shuga has changed her stage moniker to “Shuga” and has undergone a few changes since her shot to stardom last year. The blond duchess from Montego Bay has been holding her own in the male dominated local music industry by creating waves with new material that she believes is destined to propel her career to the next level.

Campbell, who recently changed her stage name to “Shuga”, has been working feverishly in the studio and the effort has borne fruit with three new singles including Commander in Chief and Bloody Hands produced by Keely “B”. Her third single that has been out is Money Talk produced by Annex Records.

Shuga is proud of her work. “I have been out there doing my thing still recording and my latest work has been getting crazy reviews from fellow artiste and disc jockeys,” she says.
Shuga emphasized that the name change completely differentiates her from another personality that already uses a similar name.

Campbell is not perturbed by the recent scenario. “The name change for me is not a big issue, all I did was just to drop the brown from the Shuga, besides most of my friends and family call me Shuga anyway so nothing else has changed, I will still continue to put out the good quality music that my fans come to expect of me, and I believe it is a good move for my career.”

The 24 year singer has had her fair share of challenges since she won the Digicel Rising stars competition, as for the latter part of 2010 she has been without a manager. Shuga has nevertheless remained current in the business. “I have done a couple of gigs locally working on the Hitz 92 Road show as well as some private events, but the work is still coming in and I know when I release the videos for my new singles things will definitely get even better.”

As part of the prize for winning the Digicel Rising Stars completion, Shuga will soon begin work on a medley video for her two recent singles Commander in Chief and Bloody Hands. The video, to be funded by telecommunications company Digicel, will be directed by acclaimed music video director Kevin Lee.

Digicel Rising Stars producer Sharon Schroeter says the video, for the motivational song Commander in Chief, will showcase positivity and to encourage children to strive twards their life goals. Part of the video will be shot in studio utilizing green screen technology. The video will begin production sometime next week.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment