Loading...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spice Back In Jamaica And Ready To Rumble


Dancehall artiste Spice is finally back in Jamaica and ready to roar. One week after giving birth to her second child a few weeks ago, Spice was already plane-hopping to performances across the Caribbean.

Spice, who shocked fans with her pregnancy announcement almost seven months into the process, says, “So far I’ve done quite a few shows and that shocked people, because they were saying, ‘you nuh just have baby? Why don’t you take some time off?’ I love being a mom and a businesswoman, but I also love music and performing, so it’s impossible for me to go for longs periods of time without doing it.”

Still, hitting the stage so early hasn’t been an easy triumph. Spice who is popularly known for her colossal hits, Ramping Shop, Slim vs. Fluffy, Jim Screechie and more says she had to maintain her exercise regimen throughout the pregnancy so getting back on stage immediately after would not be difficult to accomplish.

“Because of that when I visited Jamaica a week after to perform at Shebada’s birthday bash at the three locations with Lady Saw and Ragashanti, people were surprised,” she said laughing. “A few days after that I flew to Barbados for a show there and it went great. It’s the same Spice; nothing has changed in terms of my stage presence and the acrobatics. The only thing that has changed is my image, because every year I try to keep it fresh and unpredictable.”

Spice who is also the owner of the upscale clothing store, Spicey Couture in Mall Plaza, St. Andrew and 8 Ball Bar & Lounge in Portmore, says she is already back in the studio recording. “I have a few new tracks which are almost ready to be released and I will be leaving the island for back-to-back performances in a few weeks again. So I’m just trying to fit everything in, plus make time to be a great mom and fiancĂ©.”
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment