Loading...

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Markland Edwards Making Huge Strides


Popular radio broadcaster Markland Edwards said he believes it’s a combination of “hard work” and “effective planning” that has led to the rise of his radio program Action Tonight, which is aired every Monday-Friday at 8-11pm on Nationwide 90 FM. Edwards’ program has been receiving widespread praises for its entertainment package, which is an exciting fusion of music, entertainment news, features and listeners interaction, offered on a nightly basis.

Despite an influx of other entertainment programs to choose from, listeners are frequently tuning their ears to Edwards’ energy-filled broadcast, something that the 17-year media veteran has acknowledged gracefully. “It gives me great joy to make others happy and of course be of some kind of inspiration. Being on radio people always look forward to hearing things that will make their day, this is the opportunity I love the most.

“The guests we have on the show. The questions we asked, the music that the disc jockeys provide, and the vibe adds to the popularity of this program. We always try to have different concepts,” said Edwards, whose debut on radio began on Love FM on February 14, 1993.

Although Edwards’ journey in the entertainment world started out as a MC, it has been his ability to entertain unseen audiences that have seen him rise to notoriety. But Edwards, who also got baptized in 1987, admitted that his rise to fame began years on his first shot at MC.

“I have MC a lot of events both locally and internationally. They (my audience) get energy, creativity and wit from my performances. It’s always a good vibe, and I guess that is how my entertainment career really started,” he added.

Despite being a devoted Christian, the former St Catherine high student, has been hosting secular shows for the past two years. However, he stated that his religious beliefs have had limited impact on his career, as he’s able to differentiate the role of both.

“It’s a God-given talent or ability I would say. It’s not difficult for me to separate my personal conviction from my profession,” he said.

From a once shy-boy walking the streets of Old Braeton, in Portmore, Markland Edwards has so far defied the odds and overcome obstacles thrown at him, into a successful story that can only get better as time goes by.

“In the coming years I see myself going onto bigger and better things. There’s always room for growth, and development and I am open for that,” he said.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment