Loading...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pesso Hopes to capitalize on Festival Song Competition


Everton Pessoa’s life has changed in many ways since he was declared winner of the 2011 JCDC Festival Song competition. Not only has his name been added to the history books of list of winners in the more than 45 year old competition, but he has seen his stocks rise musically.

In a recent interview, Pessoa who records professionally as Pesso said that not only has he gotten recognition both locally and overseas, but recording and performance opportunities have increased.

“I’ve been getting a lot more recognition and bookings for performances are coming in now. This has been the aim of many entertainers, because it feels good to be recognized for the work he or she is doing which should ultimately lead to further career development “.

Pesso is currently in Japan with a Jamaican delegation fulfilling several performance obligations. “Winning the competition has laid a foundation, however, it doesn’t stop there and the hard work must continue in order to attain a higher level of success and recognition in the music industry,” said Pesso.

Pesso’s interest in music developed from an early age. “I was introduced to music and to playing an instrument by Vincent Hawthorne, who was my music teacher at the Norman Manley high school where my musical ability was nurtured. I became part of the school choir, and also a member of the youth choir at Olivet Gospel Hall where my family worshipped”, he explained.

He did several recordings over the years, but none would resonate with the music loving public until he capped the Festival Song competition. Asked what motivated him to enter the competition, he said it was something that he had always wanted to do.

When his entry Oh If We was announced as the winning song, he said a silent prayer thanking God for his victory. “When I was announced as the winner I thanked God for giving me the desire of my heart, I prayed and God answered. I believed with my whole heart that I would win because I entered to win and I knew that I had a great song that is a winner”, Pesso confided.

Pesso who works as a music teacher says he plans to utilize the winnings from the competition to further enhance his musical career.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment