Loading...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

UK Artist Kurtisi To make Debut On Local Soil‏


Though the name Kurtisi is not yet widely known the in world of dancehall music it won’t be long if the UK based recording artist & producer has his way. The talented deejay who was born in Kingston very determined to make his mark on local soil.

He has been travelling from England to Jamaica to record dancehall tracks since 2002. His first single titled Fussing and Fighting was recorded at Anchor studio that same year on the Bombshell rhythm, which also featured tracks from Mega Banton and Determine.

Since then he has released a number of other singles in the UK as that was his initial target market. However since the release of Bloody War, he has turned his focus to the local music scene.

“For years I have been recording my music in the UK and Jamaica, but I was mainly promoting my stuff in England. However since I put out a song called Bloody War which talks about the incidents that took place in West Kingston some time ago, I have begun to concentrate on the local market. Reason for this change is the response that I got for Bloody War from people all over especially in Jamaica and England,” said the artist.

The deejay who hails Shabba Ranks, Super Cat Bounty Killer and Capleton as some of his main influences is confident that he has the goods to become a household name in the dancehall arena.

“It’s just a matter of time before I get the big break and I know I have what it takes to make it all I have to do is to continue working hard and promote myself more especially in Jamaica. Therefore my team and I will be doing a lot to step up the promotion locally.

Kurtisi is currently promoting two brand new tracks these are Darker Skin and Brixton which was done in tribute to his hometown in England.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment