Loading...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dandexx On His Way to Musical Success


Dancehall artist Kirk Brown aka as Dandexx has been working very hard to create a niche for himself in the music business since the early 90s. Although it has not been an easy road for him, the talented deejay who was born in Kingston and raised in Bethel Town in Hanover is not giving up.

“It has not been easy from start; even now there are still some struggles. From 93 I have been out there making music and searching for the big break.

Everywhere I perform I get a good response, so I never stopped trying. Back in the day I walked from studio to studio just to make it happen and it has paid off because now I am on my way to achieve success,” said the artist.

Dandexx has been based in Los Angeles, California since 2009 and has experienced better luck since moving to live and work in the US. He is currently signed to Ethiope Records which is an independent record label that’s based in California.

“Back in Jamaica I worked very hard to make a name in the music business. I recorded for top producers like Dean Frasier and Mikey Bennett; it was all a good experience that placed me on the right path musically and otherwise.”

Signing with the label has created the opportunity for Dandexx to record and release numerous singles over the past year and a half. He has also been very active on the LA reggae circuit performing at popular reggae and dancehall venues such as the Dub Club, Jamaica Gold, Dragon Fly, Zumba, Shotta Ball Room, Club Mirage. Outside of California he has performed on events in Texas, Arizona, Main and Las Vegas.

“Since I moved to California things have improved significantly, I am now signed to Ethiope Records and I am also recording for other labels too and I am doing a lot of shows across the US.”

Dandexx is currently promoting two singles, I Know You Not on the Human Rights imprint and Fill My Cup which was produced by his brother Wayne brown on his Next Generation label. Both singles are currently receiving strong rotation and are available on Itunes and all other leading internet music stores.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment