Loading...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I-Octane Poised to Make 2012 a Breakthrough Year‏


Conscious reggae crooner I-Octane starts 2012 on a high note with a jam packed schedule and what he anticipates will be another successful year. After wrapping up 2011 with a slew of hit songs and the release of his official EP off his own label Conquer the Globe Productions, I-Octane is taking steps to make 2012 even better.

The early part of the year will take I-Octane to Europe where he will perform on 3 major festivals. First he will make a stop in Paris and Amneville France for the Reggae Splash Tour on February 24 and 25. His final stop will be the Amsterdam Reggae Festival, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday, February 26, 2012. Although no stranger to Europe, this time around is still exciting for I-Octane.

The last time I was in Europe I was opening for Tarrus Riley," the artiste states. "so this is the first time that I will take the stage in Europe as one of the headline acts and it is a great honor to be invited to perform."

Even though it is still early in the year, I-Octane is already making headlines. He was recently featured in the January issue of Billboard's online magazine where they predict that this is the year that he will breakthrough internationally. It is a prediction that I-Octane is taking seriously as he has already shared the stage with international heavyweights such as Lauryn Hill, BabyFace Edmund, Monica, Gyptian, Shaggy, Damian 'Junior Gong' Marley and Stephen Marley within the past year. Added to that, I-Octane will be touring extensively throughout the year while promoting his debut album "Crying to the Nation" as well as his EP "Straight from the Heart", which is currently available on Itunes and Amazon. He will also focus on producing songs off his own label while still organizing conscious campaigns to give back to his country.

"This will be a busy year for me," I-Octane admits. "But it is about doing more than just music. I want to be able to give back to my country and help out where I can. Realistically, the more exposure I get internationally is the better position I will be in to contribute. Right now, I just have to remain focused and continue to work hard."

It is this attitude and focus that is causing the music fraternity worldwide to sit up and take notice of the budding superstar. His conscious lyrics, breathtaking melodies, focused work ethic, and his heart for humanity continues to put I-Octane in a league of his own - a league that will no doubt propel him to a higher level musically and truly cause him to breakthrough this year.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment