Loading...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Villa Dutch Gets Stronger


Talented and resilient are two of the words that best describes fast rising singjay Villa Dutch. The St. Catherine based artist is currently riding a wave of success with his latest single titled Stronger. Stronger was produced by GT Taylor on his new one drop rhythm project called the Rockin Riddim.

Villa Dutch has been getting a lot of props for Stronger since its release. The single has earned him a slate of new fans both locally and abroad. “I have been doing my thing in the music biz for quite some time now and I am happy to say it’s finally paying off.

This new song, has brought me a lot of attention from music lovers far and wide, it’s getting good support locally and abroad in countries like France and Germany. It’s a good look for Villa Dutch right now, the skies are the limit, my career is getting stronger,” said the artist confidently.

The artist also said his recently released mix tape titled Nuh Fear, is doing well on the streets. The mix tape contains 26 tracks, several of the tracks are new, some were specially recorded for the mix tape which also features a number of previously released tracks.

Villa Dutch was born and raised in the Marl Road area of Kingston, he later moved to live in Linstead, St. Catherine. He first began to deejay while he was attending Pembroke Hall High School.

“I started deejay in high school but I never really took it serious until I met GT Taylor. Before I meet Mr. Taylor I went to a few studios and did some recordings but nothing really happened until I began recording for the Dancehall Master.”
Villa Dutch released his first single, Be My Lady in 2000 under the guidance of GT Taylor.

“I dropped my first single in 2000 it was combination called Be My Lady, that song was done with Feekez. It really brought me to the attention of the public, it got a lot of airplay and opened up some doors for me, “said Villa Dutch.

Since those early days there has been no turning back for Villa Dutch, he has recorded songs for a number of other labels and producer including Flava Squad, Kemar ‘Flava’ Mcgregor, Arrows Records and In Touch Music.

Songs such as Born With Talent, Solomon, Ghetto Life and War & Violence has placed him on the verge of dancehall stardom. He has also performed on a number of major events including GT’s Christmas Extravaganza, Western Consciousness and Reggae Grooving.
Unknown Developer/Blogger

Dancehall Ent is designed to broadcasting dancehall and reggae entertainment on a global level.Our E-magazine features entertainment news from Jamaica and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment